Tzatziki (Yogurt sauce)



Sometimes I wonder why I  blog.. yes I enjoy sharing recipes but sometimes I wonder if I sound like a snobby know-it-all.   I get days where my esteem is buried somewhere under the ground and I feel like a complete hopeless mess.

Okay, I will stop whining, and going all woe is me, and post my recipe for this week ( have decided to post once a week usually Fridays ( Insha Allah)as I decided to home-school my 3-year-old instead of sending him to the nursery, so weekdays it is me and my little fussy guy and weekends its mummy's blogging time.

 So, Today I present to you Tzatziki. It is a Greek yoghurt sauce.
It's very similar to raita but this is made only with cucumber, whereas raitas are made with different kinds of other vegetables and spices. Now,  this does not have chillies, its supposed to cool the palate. I usually prefer to serve tzatziki with my biryani instead of raita,  the boys love it as well.

Recipe : Tzatziki  (Yogurt Sauce )

1/2 cucumber
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 cup yogurt
juice of half a lime
pinch salt and pinch sugar

Grate the cucumber into a bowl. Using your hands squeeze the grated cucumber to squeeze out any water in them.

Mix the cucumber with the minced garlic and stir in yoghurt.

Squeeze in lime juice and season with a pinch of salt and a tiny but sugar.  Chill before serving.

Enjoy and have a lovely weekend!!




Comments

  1. nice sauce.. and all the best for you and your son..

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love tzatzki a lot! It's great with almost everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this greek sauce.... I use it with turnovers, or salads, or jus as a dip :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....